Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Weekend & Champions League Round Up

The NFL returned and I continued where I left off last season with a very good weekend:
Pittsburgh rallied against Miami to cover the spread and leave Mansion with a $5,000,000 pay out on their promotion.
Philly, Chicago and San Diego all won easily with Chicago and San Diego shutting out their opponents completely.
The only loss was Carolina who gave a very disappointing performance without all pro wide receiver Steve Smith and I won't be considering them again until he returns.
So that all added up to 4-1 for an 80% win rate and a profit of +7.23 units.
As well as the great football action the hot cheerleaders were back as evidenced by some of Philly's finest pictured below:


It was another disappointing week in the EPL for me with Liverpool defending like school boys and getting thumped by the bitter bluenoses who think all their christmases have come at once after a 3-0 win. Arsenal were poor again, Spurs deserved a draw but went down by a single goal with only brave Charlton landing a bet for me.
It added up to a 1-2-1 weekend for -1.03 units leaving a depressing YTD (year to date) record of 2-4-1 for -1.13 units which isn't bad unit wise but the win rate of only 29% is pretty bleak.

With the start of the NFL golf takes a back seat and I didn't do anything at the Canadian Open which Jim Furyk won. With Woods in such good form and now a Furyk win I really fancy USA for the upcoming Ryder Cup. I also think Lehman will be a good captain and the price of 2.3 represents tremendous value.

England actually won their last two cricket ODI's against Pakistan but after all the controversy I think the tourists had stopped trying. Luckily the price on Pakistan was too low and I wasn't involved.

And so to today's Champions League games. I guess 2-2 for a +0.24 unit profit is an improvement on my EPL form but i was looking at 3-1 with no goals in the Roma match with 20 minutes to go only to see the Italian outfit net four times in quick succession before the end of the game. C'est la vie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home